Make a Halloween wreath and bring seasonal spooky style into your home. Perfect hung on a door, gate, over a mantel or in a window, this Halloween wreath is easy to make with a twiggy base and some seasonal foliage.
The key base ingredients of the Halloween wreath below are super easy to source –we have listed some suggestions below – making this an easy-to-achieve make.
Sara Bird has worked on the Homes & Gardens team for many years, making seasonal projects look beautiful for us. Sara is passionate about reloving and renovating homes and interiors and always warms to great interior ingredients.
How to make a Halloween wreath
You will need:
- A twiggy wreath ring – this one from Amazon makes for a great base (opens in new tab)
- Florist wire – this green florist wire from Amazon is the subtlest (opens in new tab)
- Ribbon – we like this selection of fall colored-ribbons from Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Halloween decorations – this Halloween decor pack includes bird, bat and spider decos (opens in new tab)
- Halloween bird – this 10-pack (opens in new tab) will allow you to dot more birds around the yard and house
1. Start with a base twig layer
Wire some twigs to a twig wreath base. Start at the bottom pointing the branches outwards from the wreath, working up and around, leaving a gap at the top. Ours were painted black for extra spooky styling.
2. Bring in berries and leaves
Add in berries and dried foliage, starting from the bottom and working your way around the wreath until you have even coverage.
3. Work up the coverage
Work the stems and berries up and around the wreath leaving a gap at the top.
4. Add a faux bird
Wire in a faux bird to the bottom of the wreath. Position so the bird is looking into the wreath to draw the eye.
5. Add further spooky style
Attach miniature bats by wiring onto wreath. Pepper them throughout the wreath for good coverage.
6. Bring the finishing touches
Attach a wreath bow and hang in your chosen spooky setting
How do you make a fabric Halloween wreath
You can use the basic instructions for making a burlap wreath then pin on and wire in color with fall flowers and ribbons, and Halloween decorations. This is the simplest way to make a fabric Halloween wreath.