Located on the incredibly historic Princelet Street, number 24 is a former Huguenot physicians house that has been cleverly designed to have the appearance of traditional 18th century features.
In the 1940s, it was completely refurbished after an intense vibration from a nearby World War II bomb devastated large parts of the property.
When architect Chris Dyson bought the property in 1997 from a leather coat manufacturer, he then completely redesigned the house – completing it in 2011.
The façade of the house was returned to a design of 1725 with timber sash windows and decorative brickwork. Substantial changes were carried out to turn it back into a family home in keeping with the character of Princelet Street.
First impressions of the exterior set the tone, on the ground floor of the house there is a well-appointed, centrally located fitted kitchen with open plan living space to either side.
The rear portion features a lovely glazed extension which overlooks the pretty rear garden.
The lower floor is completely open and is currently sectioned off to create three separate spaces, there is also a contemporary shower room, which would make this floor a perfect space for an au pair or guest suite.
The first floor offers two wonderful reception rooms with high ceilings, and off the rear of the room there is access to a balcony. Off both half-landings are two guest WC’s.
The second floor offers two bedrooms and a shower room, with the third bedroom spanning the whole of the top floor with attractive southerly views towards the Christ Church Spitalfields with the contrasting buildings of the city in the background.
The property is available via Knight Frank for a guide price of £3 million.