Kris Jenner's statement wall art transforms her dining room into a tranquil, gallery-like space

The socialite's large-scale art piece is both a discussion point and luxe item of decor, and her look is surprisingly replicable

Kris Jenner
(Image credit: Photo by Lionel Hahn/Getty Images)

It's no secret that the Kardashian-Jenner clan's expansive properties have gallery-like qualities. Between Kendall Jenner's dreamy pink James Turrell piece in her living room, and Kim Kardashian's spotless Axel Vervoordt-designed California home, unique design fixtures are a core element of this famous family's real estate portfolio.

Momager Kris Jenner is no exception; in a recent Instagram post, she posed with her boyfriend, Corey Gamble, in front of a large, circular, gray wall sculpture in her dining area. The work's large scale draws the eyes towards it, while the marble plinth/plantstand in the corner, and neutral rug serve as balancing accessories.

While the piece is larger than a typical painting or print, experts say that it actually follows a general design rule for decorating with art: more is more.

'Wall art is as important as the furniture that you place in a room and is one of the essential elements when it comes to decorating your home,' says Nicole Lambert, marketing manager at Custtom. 'A general rule of thumb is that you should cover up to 60% of a wall with wall art, leaving the remaining 40% blank. This convention applies when hanging a single piece or a number of pieces.'

Nicole Lambert

Nicole Lambert is the marketing manager at Custtom (formerly HelloCanvas), a personalized photo and wall art company.

Placement is crucial when it comes to ensuring that art is displayed optimally; too high or low on the wall and viewers will not be able to take in the full piece. 

'When hanging any single picture, painting or wall art, they must also be hung at eye level with the centre of the picture measuring around 145 centimetres from the floor,' she says. 'For those wanting to create a gallery wall, the main image should be hung at eye level and then other frames placed around this, so the main image anchors the entire design.'

artwork and wall art through a doorway

(Image credit: Chused & Co / Photography Jeff Holt)

Finally, Lambert recommends matching statement artwork with a room's existing design. In Jenner's case, the muted gray color and curved shape of the piece is highly complementary to the soft neutrals and warm woods of its furnishings.

'Remember if you want to transform your living space, any imagery you choose (whether it’s a selection of family photos or a piece of artwork), must work with the furniture and other design elements in the room,' Lambert states. 'If you have a vintage look in the room, then you should opt for a vintage looking art piece or vintage style family photo, as a mismatch can ruin the overall ambiance of the space.'

Shop the edit

Hannah Ziegler
News Editor

Hannah is Homes & Gardens’ News Editor, with a focus on celebrity style and entertainment content. She got her start in media as a digital editorial assistant at ELLE Canada, and has since written about lifestyle and culture for publications such as Nylon and i-D.

Her love of film is rivalled only by one with a great soundtrack, and she hopes to someday decorate a Nancy Meyers-worthy kitchen.