If you're curious to see inside one of London's most expensive houses, take a look at Channel 4's Britain's Most Expensive Houses, which takes us inside some remarkable homes across the UK, as many of the nation's wealthiest homeowners swap city life for the countryside.
The fly-on-the-wall documentary follows UK Sotheby’s International Realty and its wealthy clients. While all the properties shown were spectacular, the most memorable of all is this London mansion on the market for £40 million.
Located in North London's Highgate, home to the likes of Kate Moss, Liam Gallagher and Jude Law, Heathfield House boasts over 18,000 square feet and stands on 2.3 acres of land.
‘The real asset is in the land and the proximity to the [Highgate] village.’ Lee Koffman of UK Sotheby’s International Realty tells Homes & Gardens.
‘It’s a great house for someone that works in town and wants some outside space and freedom.'
See: The Obama house: tour Barack and Michelle's new Martha's Vineyard home
'You can go for a good jog around the grounds of this house, no one can look in, and you’re free from the worry of having to mix with people in parks.
'My client does have an alignment towards butterflies, so you’ll see butterflies throughout the house, incorporated within the design of certain elements,' Lee adds, explaining that in the spa leisure room, butterfly details can be seen in the tiles.
Behind the gates, a 100m driveway lined with neatly trimmed hedges leads up to the futuristic, three-storey home. It has everything any family could possibly need to spend lockdown in total comfort, with a large living space, a wine cellar, a spa leisure room with a sauna and steam room, a games room and a roof terrace, as well as dressing rooms and a laundry room.
- See: Clever utility room ideas for a well-planned space
It also has a total of seven bathrooms and five bedrooms, each with en suite bathrooms (plus five other bedrooms rooms for live-in staff in the detached house).
Keeping fit while gyms are closed won't be a problem with the property's at-home gym, tennis court and 94ft by 39ft indoor swimming pool – with windows that drop down to lead out onto the garden.
Plus, when it comes to working from home, there's a home office at the top of the building with panoramic views over the garden and Hampstead Heath.
- See: Home office ideas that are smart, practical and stylish
And at the end of the day, a glass lift will take you upstairs to bed.
The mega-mansion, which offers total privacy, has attracted some so-called 'high net worth individuals', with a former prime minister and an A-list musician among its high-profile viewers.
Britain's Most Expensive Houses is available to watch on Channel 4 On Demand.
What is the richest part of London?
1. Knightsbridge is undoubtedly the richest part of London, and is home to world-famous department store, Harrods.
2. Kensington is an extremely smart part of London, and it's where you will find some of London's most famous tourist attractions, such as the Museum of Natural History and, of course, Kensington Palace, where Princess Diana lived.
3. Chelsea – think the King's Road, London's famous upmarket shopping street – is another area where the rich and famous buy property, shop and socialize. It's also home to Chelsea Football Club.
4. Westminster – this is where Buckingham Palace is to be found, but of course is also home to the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Downing Street and many, many more attractions.
5. Hampstead and Highgate – bordering the north and south ends of Hampstead Heath, which has been used for filming locations – Hampstead and Highgate villages are home to many celebrities past and present, including Boy George, Kate Moss, George Michael.
Millie Hurst is a news writer across Future PLC's home brands. When she isn't writing about interiors trends and expert tips, she's finding ways to make her small London flat feel more spacious and luxurious. She also spends a lot of her time hunting down vintage bargains, trying out upcycling hacks, and advising friends on their renovations. Her personal style is modern rustic, and she leans towards an autumnal color palette of rich earth tones.
28 small kitchen storage ideas – clever ways to optimize space
Be inspired by small kitchen storage ideas that will maximize the room’s potential and keep it looking stylish
By Jennifer Ebert • Published
Organizing Tupperware – 10 ways to keep containers in check
Organizing Tupperware is a never-ending battle in any kitchen – but you can keep on top of your collection with these effective Tupperware organization ideas
By Tara King • Published